To become the leading provider of Site Acquisition, Planning, Construction Management and Site Modifications for the Western Region Telecommunications industry.
Services and History
NSA Wireless Inc. was founded in November 1996 as a Subchapter S Corporation with a business objective to provide local high quality site acquisition and development services to the wireless communication industry at competitive rates. The principals of the corporation (James Irish and Christopher Durand) have over twenty eight (28) years experience developing wireless facilities in the San Francisco Bay Area, and the Western Region of the United States, including: Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah and Washington.
NSA recognizes the unique challenges involved in developing sites in the Western Region and has established numerous relationships with key entities that are vital to achieving success in hostile and sensitive building and political environments. During the past several years, NSA has completed projects for clients, such as AT&T Wireless Services, Sprint PCS, Nextel Communications, CALPINE Energy, Western Wireless Inc., and Bechtel Telecommunications in the following areas:
- BART Stations – Coverage at above ground station and the underground San Francisco Stations
- State and Federal properties – Schools, military installations, and government buildings
- Port of Oakland – Airport and Shipping Terminals Coverage via Distributive Antenna System
- Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) - Substations, Power Towers, Distribution Structures
- Sacramento Municipal Utilities District (SMUD) - Power Transmission Towers
- Joint Pole Association (JPA) - micro/mini cells facilities and Fiber Distributive Antenna Systems
- California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) Properties – Bridges, tunnels, toll plazas, and scenic corridors
- City and County Master License Agreements – City of San Jose Light Pole/Right of Way, Santa Clara County, City of Oakland
- City and County of San Francisco- Airport and Shipping Terminals and Muni Light Railway
- City and County of San Diego- Airport and Shipping Terminals, Right of Way and municipal owned properties
- California State Parks - Point Sur Lighthouse, Carmel, Pebble Beach
- National Tower Companies - American Tower, Sprint Sites USA, Crown Castle, and SpectraSite
NSA Wireless also provides site modification and property management services to the wireless industry. Drawing on our experience, expertise and creativity, NSA has evolved from a San Francisco Bay Area wireless “niche” player into a firm with contracts throughout California and in several Western States. Our current team of 40 professionals have played a significant role in achieving success for our clients in meeting their build plan and site modification objectives.
To-Date, NSA Wireless has consistently achieved its site development goals in the areas of file audits, site feasibility studies, lease executions, obtaining rights of way, securing entitlements, filing construction and encroachment permit packages for cellular sites. NSA has gained the necessary approvals to complete projects and site modifications throughout the Western States. On the property management side, NSA teams have diligently completed lease renewals, lease amendments, curing defaults, entitlement renewals and or relocated site planning approvals as well as new building permits. Many of these projects required immediate resolution to avoid legal litigation.
Construction Installation & Management Services; the construction team at NSA Wireless are trained in utility coordination and site walk downs, microwave turnkey solutions, construction management, site field audits, bid/cost analysis, base station ancillary equipment installation, site maintenance, site decommission and restoration and material logistics and handling.
The professionals at NSA Wireless are Licensed Real Estate Agents or Brokers; the planning personnel have Baccalaureate or Masters Degrees in Urban Planning and have worked on both sides of the jurisdictional counter. Our permit expediters have established positive and essential relationships with the various building and public works departments in the Western Region. All of our employees are highly motivated and posses the necessary education, skills and contacts to continue our success in the development and management of wireless facilities for public, and private applications.